Re: [OM] Tripod mount for my new 300

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod mount for my new 300
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:37:43 -0600
At 11:02 PM 11/24/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>Question:  The tripod ring has a red dot on one side of the ring mount.  Is
>that red dot supposed to point towards or away from the camera?

Dave,

Towards.  Maybe?  The little picture on the base plate shows the
orientation of the camera with an arrow.  I'm assuming that the arrow shows
the direction that the lens should be going in relation to the camera body.

To be honest, the mount on my 300 is going one way, the one on my 85-250 is
going the other and I never even noticed.  However, with the red dot side
rearward, the tightener is opposite the DOF button on the lens, and I think
this is certainly preferable.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA