[OM] 2 series screens (was "OM10 or OM-1N???")

Subject: [OM] 2 series screens (was "OM10 or OM-1N???")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:37:09 -0600
At 11:15 AM 11/24/1999 +0100, you wrote:
>Please, can somebody explain the differences betwen the two new focusing
>screes ( 2-4 and 2-13) on a OM 4?
>
>How work theese new screens with lenses wide and tele ?
>
>Which one is the best for work with OM 4, 21-3.5, 28-2, 35-70 3.6 and
>85-250 ?

Angel,

2-4 has a matte-only focus surface within the circle;  2-13 has both the
split prism finder and microprism ring.

They will work well with all your lenses, especially the zooms and slower
glass.  The really fast glass can be a little too bright with these screens
on those wonderful bright sunny days you have there in Spain, but most of
the time  I think they are a big help.

Whether you go with 2-4 or 2-13 comes down to individual preference on
focusing aids.  I'm glad they make both because both are useful. I like the
2-4 primarily for macro and some portraiture.  I don't like it with wides,
but I usually focus hyperfocally with wides.  The rest of the time, and
particularly with normal-to-tele lenses I prefer the 2-13.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA