Re: [OM] Dioptric Correction?

Subject: Re: [OM] Dioptric Correction?
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:51:03 +0000
The viewfinder image is at infinity focus, that is, it  should be in
focus when your eyes are focused on infinity.

So, to find out whether a dioptre correction lens will help - and which
one - try looking through some in a camera store at a distant scene
starting with a -1 then a -2 etc.  If looking through one improves your
view of the scene then you know it is the right one and that you need
glasses like the rest of us ;-)

 Now it might be a bit hard to find a store that carries a range of
Olympus accessories 8-(    but certain Nikon ones should fit and be much
easier to find.

Dioptre correction lenses for Nikons with rectangular eyepieces should fit
- rather tightly but they do fit.  Some models with the right sort of
eyepiece are the Nikon FG, FA and N6006.

Giles