Re: [OM] scanners for dummies

Subject: Re: [OM] scanners for dummies
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:54:51 +0000
At 23:14 11/19/99 , Keith Berry wrote:
>I've discovered recently that it seems important to resize *before*
>sharpening or the result looks weird and oversharpened - a mistake I made

Recommend experimenting (playing) with the sequence, combinations of
options and various level settings.  The best combination depends on the
software's sharpening and resizing algorithms.  The imaging software at
home works best with sharpening followed by resizing.  The imaging software
at work (which is completely different) works best using Keith's sequence.

Discovered this when I took a large TIFF file to work to use as "wallpaper"
on the Windows desktop and tried to resize it the same way as at home.  The
wrong sequence with either results in something truly surreal!

-- John