Re: [OM] scanners for dummies

Subject: Re: [OM] scanners for dummies
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 23:14:26 -0000
John A. Lind wrote:
>...For web publishing:  Start with as high a resolution uncompressed image
as
>possible (e.g. TIFF), do all the color balance, saturation and contrast
>adjustment with it.  The *last* step is sharpening, resizing, and
>compression adjustment (as a JPEG) to get a reasonable file size.

I've discovered recently that it seems important to resize *before*
sharpening or the result looks weird and oversharpened - a mistake I made
with my ADITL2 entry. I'd got the scan (print & flatbed) as I wanted it in
800 x 600 and then, for the ADITL, shrunk it to 640 x 480.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx
http://homepages.which.net/~k.berry