[OM] Panoramic Lenses / [OT] Kodak E200 Pushed

Subject: [OM] Panoramic Lenses / [OT] Kodak E200 Pushed
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 02:25:47 -0800
John Lind wrote:
"Shot some panoramics using the OM and Zuiko 28/3.5 last weekend.  Had a
devil of a time stitching some of them together and went through a
number
of iterations with several of them.  I'm guessing that some aberration
in
the 28/3.5 is part of the issue"

John,
I haven't used this lens to shoot panos, but I have used the 24/2.8 and
35/2.0 extensively with the Live Picture stitcher and everything stitchs
very well. My question is what panoramic tripod head are you using?  I
use the Bogen Quicktime head which I think is by far the best for the
basic setup, however, Kaidan makes some very good panoheads.  If you
have access to a small machine shop you can probably make a basic one
for pretty cheap.  My guess is that you are not centering the lens body
over it's center nodal point.  Instead of the 500verlay which the Live
Picture directs, I usually get by with as little as 25% & 12.5%.  So I
can save some film when working with the 35/2.0 in vertical position.

NEW SUBJECT.........

Has anyone done much push processing with Kodak E200 using any Zuiko
Telephoto lens.
Kodak says there is no problem pushing this film by 3 (up to 1000)  I
want to push it to 800 (2).  I know I should test it but, I'm wondering
if any of you action shooters or low light shooters have done much of
this.  Since I very rarely shoot telephoto outside or in low light......
I know there are many of you who shoot extensive outdoors in lower light
conditions.  I plan on using the Zuiko 200/4 with the Zuiko 2x on a
OM4.  When I go to the Pro 400 color neg films I have in the past got
more grain than I like for some of my subject matter.

Phillip Franklin