Re: [OM] Scanning negs v. trans

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanning negs v. trans
From: "imagineero ." <imagineero@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:35:00 PST
Phillip Franklin wrote:
I can get a roll of 36 35mm negs processed
> at a good lab for less than 2 bucks in about 15 minutes!  So I think
> negs are great for every day work which will probably never be used for
> anything bigger than 4  or 5 inchs on a quality press.  For on-line web
> site work ... it's almost as easy and offers better output than most
> high quality digital cameras .

Hi Phillip and the Olympus list!

     What's the cost per print for 4 x 6 prints in paper and inks?  I'm
still a 'lurker' at scanners and printers.  I guess it depends on the
quality of the paper?

                                Thanks!

                                                Rich Lahrson

Even using cheap paper, just plain copier paper, the cost will still be much higher than getting it done at your local developing shop. If you use quality photo papers the cost will be higher than getting it done at a pro lab! Stay away from it for 2-3 years at least unless you enjoy pain and suffering.