Re: [OM] Glasses wearers' laments (was "OM2000")

Subject: Re: [OM] Glasses wearers' laments (was "OM2000")
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:14:23 -0000
Peter A. Klein wrote:

>I have an
>OM-2, which I love, but sometimes I get tired of not seeing the entire
>viewfinder at once...my favorite OM camera for both these qualities is an
OM-PC
>that I met briefly in a camera store, but did not buy.  The screen was
>brighter than my beloved OM-2, focusing was easier, and I could see the
>whole frame.

I have both an OM-2n and an OM-40(PC) and hadn't really noticed that much
difference in viewfinder brightness, possibly because I use my two of my
most recent lens purchases on the OM-40, neither of which I've tried on the
OM-2n. I wear glasses for the opposite reason - I can see long distances
without them, and even with them I have to carry a small magnifier to read
exposure counters - but I do have to squint sideways to see what the OM-40's
LED display is doing. Also, because I have been a rangefinder camera user
for so long, I tend not to spend much time looking through the viewfinder
anyway - I still compose the scene by looking directly at it while adjusting
the viewpoint, lifting the camera just to frame, focus and shoot. On the
occasions that I have concentrated on composing pictures entirely in the
viewfinder, I haven't been very pleased with the results.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx
http://homepages.which.net/~k.berry