Re: [OM] Shelf life of AgO and Hg cells - anyone know?

Subject: Re: [OM] Shelf life of AgO and Hg cells - anyone know?
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 06:26:29 EST
Cc: cstrat@xxxxxxxxx
A while  back  cstrat@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

<< Anyone have info on the shelf life of Silver-Oxide and Mercury cells we
use in
 our OMs? >>

Chip,
      my battery handbook gives an example of a typical SR44 size Silver
oxide cell, saying that the capacity has dropped to about 90% at 21C after
one year. They also show that at higher temperatures the capacity is reduced
at a rate that approximately doubles every 10C. This is pretty common for
many battery technologies  because chemical reactions are accelerated at
about that rate.
We can thus estimate that the Silver oxide batteries will drop to about 90%
of new capacity in somewhere between 2 and 4 years when stored in the typical
refrigerator at approx 5C.

Regards,
Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx