Re: [OM] Motor Drive 2 - How to get started?

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor Drive 2 - How to get started?
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:13:30 -0600
At 05:49 PM 11/2/99 +0100, you wrote:
>I've recently aquired an MD2 and the 18V Control Grip but I can't figure
>out how to get this thing operating with my OM-4T. The LCD lights up but
>that's how far I've come :-)
>I could use a few hints about how to get started with this thing, like:
>* How to use the auto advance to first frame

It has a set of icons to guide you though. Initially you should see an "open
back" icon and the number of frames on the last roll. Use "SET" to change
the frames to the desired number. Open back, you will get the "film" icon.
Load film in normal way; when you advance the film to catch the spocket
holes on the wind spool, the "close back" icon will appear, along with two
arrows. Close the back, the icon will disappear, two frames will fire, with
an arrow disappearing each time.

You should now be loaded with only the number of frames remaining showing.
(You can change that at this, or any, point with "SET".) It won't agree with
the counter on top, since that expects you to fire three initially. You can
get an extra frame, then, but if you go too far, the drive will probably rip
the film out of the cassette.

When you get to 0, the "rewind button" icon appears. Press that, the
"operate rewind lever" appears. Turn the lever on the left end of the drive
all the way, and you get the "rewinding" icon, then the "reverse rewind
lever" icon, then the "open back", which is where you started.
>* How to set # of frames on the film
>* Is there a way to reduce frames/sec.?

The 15V grip runs slightly slower, but that's it. If I have it on sequence,
I often blast off two frames, since I'm used to give a slow squeeze on the
release.