RE: [OM] tripods, again.

Subject: RE: [OM] tripods, again.
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:54:29 -0400
I have the Bogen 3401 (legs can spread WAAY out and also comes with ~18"
column as well as a short (6") column which makes it quite nice for working
very close to the ground.  Also very nice because the column can be mounted
in the conventional vertical manner or horizontally.  The horizontal mode
also helps a lot for close-ups.

I have both the Bogen and Slik grip heads.  The Slik head holds ~13lbs, the
Bogen, 5.5lbs.  After using both of them, I prefer the Slik.  The grip lets
me hold camera further back and control the whole system better.  The Slik
also has a more positive hold when the grip is released, the Bogen tends to
be able to drift more unless the adjustment is set reaally tight. The Slick
has no adjustment and none is needed (my opinion).  Downside of the Slik is
that it takes up more room since the grip extends behind.

Still love my Benbo though.

Just acquired a lightweight tripod (Velbon Grounder).   Many features of the
Bogen, but Much Lighter.  Quite firm and stiff.  Head removes from legs so I
put a ball head on.

Now I can get it all in my SUV!
Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

>I have a 3221 (black version of 3021 I think) and the Bogen grip ball head.
>I've also got a 3030 tilt-pan head.  Both heads work very well.  This 'pod
>has long enough legs that I am comfortable even viewing verticals with it.
>(I'm 6'2".)

yeah, I've seen the grip head - really neat