Re: [OM] OT concert photos

Subject: Re: [OM] OT concert photos
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 19:39:20 +0000
Funny you should mention that.  I recently came across a situation which puts
an
interesting perspective on the 'moral' question of recording an artist without
permission.

A musical group I like a lot recently split up.  They wanted to
release a final CD of live material as they had not done so to date.

I recently came across a plea on the internet from one of the group members
apealing
for anyone with good quality illegaly taped material from some of their
concerts to
get in touch with him from the point of view of including the 'illegal'
material in
the propsed CD.

Obviously the group did not have such material themselves.

Puts a new interesting twist on the moral aspect of recording an artist without
their permission IMO.

Giles