[OM] Spam & Majordomo

Subject: [OM] Spam & Majordomo
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 00:04:01 +0000
This can be done, however, it would restrict list members to only being able to
post
to the list from the machine which they have su*bscribed to the list ( barring
fiddling with their email from/reply address ).

I mentioned the possibility to Shawn when the spam started and this was his
objection to implementing the restriction.  Other less potent security measures
were
implemented.

Perhaps the list should be polled to see how many people actually would be
affected
if the restriction were implemented.

Another downside might be an increase for the list administrator in the number
of
posts bounced and referred to him for attention when people try posting to the
list
from a different machine.  The amount of 'problem' traffic to the administrator
does
not need to be increased, let me tell you 8-(

Giles