Re: [OM] The OM Way

Subject: Re: [OM] The OM Way
From: Frank van Lindert <Franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:16:33 +0200
On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 06:31:26 +0200, "Chris Barker"
<christopher.barker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>~~ ><>
>Chris Barker
>Mailto: cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx & mailto: cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>----------
>>From: "Chip Stratton" <cstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> OK, whats this 'Om-bible thing'. Sounds like I need a copy in a bad way.
>> I presume the title is "The Olympus OM Way" - who wrote it, when was it
>> published, and what else can you tell me about it? Oh yeah, and where can I
>get
>> a copy?
>>

>Chip
>
>It's a book that was published by Olympus in the late 70s - author Franz
>Pangerl.  It covered the OM1 and 2, but pre-dated the Zuiko zooms  The
>photographs are all monochrome and it has the style of a bygone age about
>it.  I received mine free from the NAAFI (Navy, Army and Air Force
>Institute) where I bought my first OM1 in 1979.  No, you may not have
>mine... ;-)
>
>Chris
>
>ps.  Please let me know, someone, if the layout and content of my emails is
>suitable.  I have just switched to Outlook Express.  E.g. are the line wraps
>OK? cb

Hi Chris.

Mail format is fine, but the message content... The Olympus OM Way has
NOT been written by Franz Pangerl, but by L. Andrew Mannheim. And it
does have the odd color picture (among a black and white majority).
Three zoom lenses are covered (35-70/4, 75-150 and 85-250).

My copy has a green leaves addendum between pages 16 and 17 which also
give a few details on the OM-1N, OM2N and OM-10 as well as on the T-20
flash. It was a 1981 reprint, without further changes.

I think either you are referring to The World of OM-Systems, as the
main (and much more common) work by Franz Pangerl is called in
English, or you have the author wrong and in that case you had better
read the book again too... or of course give it away to Chip S.

Good luck,

Frank.