[OM] Cambridge Camera

Subject: [OM] Cambridge Camera
From: Andras Iklody-Szabo <isza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 08:33:19 -0400
Samuel Morales wrote:

>Thanks to Barry and other's I finally ordered an EOS 1n (brand new)  I
>called Cambridge Camera and ordered.  They took all the info , credit card
>etc , etc. first because they wont answer questions on price.

>I said I wanted to purchase the Canon EOS 1n for 959.50 advertised price.
>They said OK ," would you like the US warranty".  I said: "excuse me"?  He
>mentioned something about Grey market from Japan and it not being as good as
>the USA version.  I got scared and he tried to talk me into the US version
>at higher price.  I said no.  He then said I had to make a long distance
>call to cancel my order.  I said no! ,  we never agreed.  To make a long
>story short he would not relent and hung up on me.  So , I do not know what
>will happen.

Nothing. They will just let you hang there and you will spend money on
phone calls or faxes trying to find out. They won't care and at best reply:
we are out of stock now, try later. Happened to me and many others. A lousy
outfit.

Why don't you check the mail order survey before committing yourself.
Cambridge is one of the worst offenders there.

Andras Iklody-Szabo
Caracas / Venezuela