Re: [OM] Creative Filters

Subject: Re: [OM] Creative Filters
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:28:41 EDT

> Do HiTech and Singh Ray filters scratch as easily as Cokin's very soft
>  plastic? What kind of carrying case do they come with.

Neither of my HiTechs or Cokins are used very much so don't have much in the
way of scratches. I can't tell which one of the plastics is softer.  I do
carry around Chromofilters, which are the predecessors to the Cokins. The
Chromofilters are thin discs of plastic that fit into a filter rim. There is
a protruding pin on the edge of the filter than you can use to turn the
filter. The downside of these are that the edge of the gradation is fixed in
one spot. I just bought a Grad Blue #2 Chromofilter in 49mm size today. A
good antidote for Los Angeles gray skies. The Cokins come in a hard plastic
case while the HiTechs come in a soft plastic sleeve. The Cokin has the
better case.

Warren