Re: [OM] Non Olympus flash guns

Subject: Re: [OM] Non Olympus flash guns
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:40:12 -0700
At 08:10 PM 25-09-99 -0400, you wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, John Hudson wrote:
>
>> I shot a reel of Agfa 400 iso b/w film. Some consecutive shots of the same
>> situation using the same aperture and flash gun settings at the same
>> distance from camera to subject look as if they could be different by about
>> 3 f stops.
>
>   Hmmmmmmm...Try using the flash on manual, and give it exactly the same
>time to recycle between shots. I am assuming the camera was on a tripod ?
>
>                                      *= Doris Fang =*

I'll try the flash on manuel next time. No, the camera was not on a tripod.
FWIW, this was the same flash gun which gave me one of my ten best ever
photos in early 1998 when I snapped my daughter in her wedding dress using
my M3 [in my pre OM days] so I know that the camera / flash partnership was
working at that time.

jh