Re: [OM] Re: To George S / mystery man I do not appreaciate your remark

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: To George S / mystery man I do not appreaciate your remark or re...
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 07:23:41 EDT
In a message dated 09/22/1999 1:46:43 AM EST, dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Dear George I do not appreciate your remarks or reference.  If you read my
>  remarks I state , I would place it on ebay and probably get $200.00 for it
,
>  if I were the person who dropped it in the ocean.  If you use common since.
>  Where can you find an OM-4Ti for $200.00 in good working order.  O

Check the list archives. When I once said people would have to spend $600 for
an OM-4T, several responded and said they or others had bought bodies for
something like $250, and these were not damaged or "parts cameras". Yes,
these are certainly rare bargains, but they're there.
If you say we are to use common sense or assume you meant sell the camera
after disclosing it's dunking to the buyer, I stick to my original comment
where I say- "Assume nothing". You did not say you would disclose it to a
buyer. It's not in your message. If you don't say it, who am I to put words
in your mouth by assuming?

And your context of using the word "mental" was not the same context as I
used. I said I made a "mental note" (as opposed to a written one.) I never
questioned your "mental state" but your rant shall cause me to reconsider.

George S.