Re: Apologies in advance: Re: [OT] SUVs, peace (was: [OM] New OM-1N and

Subject: Re: Apologies in advance: Re: [OT] SUVs, peace (was: [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem)
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 23:47:58 -0700
From: "george" <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>

>SUVs by themselves are not bad, it's the attraction
>they have for the incompetant drivers that is my peeve.

Now you pissed me off. You just called my wife and I incompetent drivers?

Whoa, George -- down boy, down boy!

Do you so identify with SUV drivers that you assume you are the average case? Don't you consider yourself "special?" We all know you're an outlier on almost any parameter one could fit to a bell curve, so why should you automatically assume he was talking about you and your wife? Been self-medicating again? :-)

Try this out: anytime you think someone is insulting you, take a deep breath, leave the computer for a cup of coffee or some other short break, come back and momentarily pretend you are some commie-loving, small-furry-creature-saving liberal, then re-read the email. If it is still insulting, then flame away!

Are we having fun yet? :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>