[OM] T32 flash problems

Subject: [OM] T32 flash problems
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:37:35 -0700
Help!
        I just pulled my T32 out of the bag and started shooting but I soon
noticed that the "auto check" light was not doing its thing.  I am using
an OM-1n with a Shoe 4.  The "Ready light" works fine but even after a
shot 10' from a white wall there is no check light like I am used to.
The flash is firing but I have no way of knowing how much.  I have been
using nicad's since I got the flash with no apparent problems but today,
two sets of freshly charged batteries only lasted 10 or 15 shots.  The
same batteries, as is, then run my old flash (GN 15m) or my Winder 2
with no problems.  Is this linked?  Lastly since flashes are inherently
simpler although more dangerous than a lens or body, is this a DIY
repair?
        Of course this has to happen after I bought a OM-2s thinking I had all
the toys (tools) I was going to need for a while.  Unfortunately I don't
yet have the 2s to use for debug yet.
Thanks in advance for your help
--
Mike Butler