Re: [OM] Is the F280 special enough for instructions?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is the F280 special enough for instructions?
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 22:55:59 -0700
Gary, Skip;

I've just started down this road and I'm having great success.  I'd
suggest either trying to remember a few key distances per aperture on
the chart, or taping a cheat sheet on the flash.  Then, you have an idea
of how far away you can be before the F280 runs out of juice.  You
could, it seems to me, also use this info to create fill flash ratios
smaller than 1:1 by setting the aperture 1 or 2 stops lower than that
for the distance you're at.  I haven't tried that yet.  I have taken a
couple of fill flash family portraits with sunset in the background and
the results are spectacular.  One in particular I noted was taken at F/4
about 1/125 from about 8 feet on ASA 100.  This is right around the
limit of the F280s power. There was beautiful sunset light behind the
subjects, even the sun was there - still above the horizon looking a
nice red-orange. The camera/flash did a wonderful job of balancing the
exposure.

Gary, if yours ain't firing above 1/60 (4T must be on auto and flash on
Super FP) perhaps its not making good contact in the hotshoe?  I would
check that the flash is securely fastened.

I hope this helps.

George