Re: [OM] Is the F280 special enough for instructions?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is the F280 special enough for instructions?
From: Colin Sheehan <csheehan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:50:53 +1000
Skip Williams wrote:
> I just got an F280 to go with my newly acquired OM4T and, of course, it did
> not come with an instruction book.  There aren't many controls, and I see
> that one of the switches on the back is for Super FP mode.
>
> My question is: How do you accomplish fill flash in Super FP mode with the
> OM4T and the F280?

I too have just acquired the OM-4Ti/F280 combination, but it came with a
book. I have not as yet had a film processed from this camera, but the
book says:-
USING THE SUPER FP FLASH MODE
1 Turn the flash on and set the mode to SUPER FP
2 Check the charge lamp
3 Set the camera mode to AUTO
4 Select an aperture (When the resulting shutter speed is below 1/60, set
the camera mode to MANUAL and refer to chart on page 23
5 Press shutter release
6 Check the flash exposure indicator in viewfinder (Bottom right green
LED blinks, or on the flash unit, The Autocheck light will blink for 2
sec.

Pretty simple, eh? I tried it and the flash went FLAM! with various
shutter speeds so now I wait to see the result.

>Is there a way to balance the flash against ambient
> light automatically and "manually"?  In some situations I'd like only a
> little kicker to bring out the shadows, but in other situations I'd like to
> use the flash as the primary light source, with the ambient light filling
> in the background.

Your camera manual should have more info on the creative use of flash
with the camera in about the middle of the book, but your other needs
should be met by use of the AE controls and the spot metering in OTF mode

All the best
Col
--
Colin Sheehan
Cooran, Qld. Australia

Here's a general question - how do you season wood?
I use a combination of a worcestershire marinade and a blend of three
peppers.