Re: [OM] Freon. See, I finally changed the topic!

Subject: Re: [OM] Freon. See, I finally changed the topic!
From: Joey Richards <bigjoe@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 22:11:10 -0400
>Acer wrote :
>          >>>I have not used my air-conditioner for years and if I were poor I
>           definitely would not use it as it costs a bundle in extra gas.<<<
>
>Only in stop-n-go city driving; negligible increase in gas use at cruise
>speeds.
>
>Acer,
>         I seem to remember a number of close to 10HP so for a moderate size
>car running say 50-100HP cruising, about 10% reduction. Which is about what I
> [...]

I can't remember where, but I saw results from a comparision
of car air conditioning versus just rolling the windows down.
As I recall, the aerodynamic effects of having the windows
open at highway speeds burned about as much or more fuel as
the air conditioner did... so if your car is hot, and you
have the A/C, don't feel too guilty for using it :-)

On a more OMish tone, I went out yesterday with some old, expired
Kodak Ektachrome something-or-other.  I got it for free, so I
figured I'd see what happens... Anyone know what I can expect as
far as effect of its having been stored at room temperature
and having expired in Feb 1997?  :-)

joey