Re: [OM] Freon. See, I finally changed the topic!

Subject: Re: [OM] Freon. See, I finally changed the topic!
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:43:28 EDT

> R134 operates at a higher pressure and consequently at higher temperatures
>  than R12.
>  There is no other cheaply made chemical compound that will do the same job
>  as R12, at least not that we are told about.

It probably operates most efficiently at higher temperatures and pressures,
not necessarily that it has to do so. At lower temps, its just more
inefficient and won't cool your car as well. The molecule is smaller and will
probably leak out of your system faster but when the choice is a complete
retro-installation of a R134 system, more R12 or a less efficient system, the
answer is that its my kids car and the cheapest works fine.

Warren