Re: [OM] Freon. See, I finally changed the topic!

Subject: Re: [OM] Freon. See, I finally changed the topic!
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 08:02:42 EDT

<< But the points about this negotiated ban that bug me are: once again
 (like the OM-1) there was no 'grandfather' clause - people with freon
 A/Cs in their cars are totally screwed.  Unless, of course, they have
 the money (about $2000 US) to convert their systems to the new stuff. So
 who suffers from this? Why, the usual suspects - **the poor folks**. >>

I say a conversion kit in a motor store for about $30 the other day.  I think
the efficiency drops a bit and somebady once told me you should also replace
the two flexible hoses as they don't last with the CFC replacements. Frankly
I have not used my air-conditioner for years and if I were poor I definitely
would not use it as it costs a bundle in extra gas.

Tim Hughes