RE: [OM] Wide-angle zooms

Subject: RE: [OM] Wide-angle zooms
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:46:27 -0400
Steve,
I only know about possibly one of the lenses.  You asked about the Soligor
19-35.  I believe the same lens is sold under the Vivitar/Phoenix label.  I
have been using the Phoenix version since February.  Took it on a trip and
was very pleased with contrast and resolution.  There is barrel distortion
at 19mm though, you can really see it when taking photos that have straight
lines.
On a different note, I was advised to avoid the 17-28 Vivitar, which I
notice you haven't mentioned- possibly for the right reasons.
Hope this helps.
Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx