Re: [OM][OT] [How To Bathe A Cat]

Subject: Re: [OM][OT] [How To Bathe A Cat]
From: "mindspring" <catmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:41:16 -0700
For my first 1 1/2 years of cat pictures, I limited myself to daylight and
room light only no flashes because of red eye.

But then I made a fantastic discovery, along with another list member a
short while back.
The color of the T20 and T32 does not cause red eye, even close up flashes
directly into the eye of the cat! This has now opened up a whole new
shooting ground of being able to catch the cats in their photogenic times,
which usually isn't when I have good natural light.

I've looked at many of the top cat photographers pictures, and there is one
thing in common. Almost always the cats eyes pupils are wide or mostly open.
Apparently either it is considered not a good picture if the pupils are
closed, as in broad daylight, or the studios in which cats are photographed
are dark, and mostly all of the light provided is by flash in order to have
full control of the colors of light.

I don't know if this helps any, maybe you had a different thing in mind,
like how to get the cat to look into the camera with eyelids wide open.
I will agree, cats are about the most difficult things to take pictures of,
especially kittens, when you can't keep them from running all over the
place.
I have seen one big poster size picture recently that had about 15
identically looking siamese all posing roughly the same way, all looking the
same direction. I don't know how they pulled that on off, I don't think it
was computer generated.