RE: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1128

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1128
From: Ross Waite <rmwaite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 13:14:05 +1000

On Wednesday, September 08, 1999 2:52 AM, Jan Steinman
[SMTP:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:

> I do wish for a carbon design, with three section legs (even the
> Trekker is too damn long) with lever cam-locks (instead of Gitzo's
> stupid collar locks), and 3/8"/1/4" mounts, spring-loaded like
> Manfrotto's, and a head-locking base like Manfrotto, and magnesium
> for the metal bits, and make it take-apartable (I still have water
> inside my Trekker)

Jan

The instruction sheet that came with my Uni-Loc System 1700 says that if
you get water inside the bottom leg tube, the toe point (foot) can be
removed for cleaning purposes.  They recommend that you heat the toe point
in a bucket of hot water before removal & refitting.  I have done this
successfully.  It would probably work OK for the Trekker as well.

Cheers
Ross Waite