Re: [OM] Thinking of more capability

Subject: Re: [OM] Thinking of more capability
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 21:56:17 -0400
Dave, welcome to the OM list.  I'm sure you'll find many interesting
insights and valuable nuggest of knowledge here.  I know I have.

The OM2000 provides spot metering in addition to center weighted averaging.
It is a good metering system.  The OM2000 lacks the full capabilities of the
OM system such as motor drive or interchangable backs.  However, many
photographers do not require these system features.  I recommend you find a
shop that sells them and handle it, feel it, determine how it feels in your
own hands.

The 3Ti is certainly a magnificent camera.  At $1500 it darn sure better be!
It is on my dream list too.  The 3Ti provides center weighted average
metering a la OM-1, plus spot metering up to 8 spots, and hilight and shadow
controls at the press of a button.  It also sports an all mechanical shutter
(no battery power required) and OTF auto-flash.  The 3Ti is a full system
camera, accepting all Oly accessories and attachments.

For more details, point your browser to the Olympus FAQ at:
http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html or visit the
Olympus information page at:
http://www.olympus.com/product.asp?c=12&p=11&s=12&product=224&x=27&y=4

John P