Re: [OM] (lack of) OM gear in Singapore Airport (Fwd) FW: Various commen

Subject: Re: [OM] (lack of) OM gear in Singapore Airport (Fwd) FW: Various comments.
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 00:06:10 +0200
Giles wrote:

[snip]

> (3)
> I am catching a flight to Australia in October , stopping in Sinagpore on
> the way. Does anybody know whether there is Duty Free OM stuff sold
> (lenses??????) IN THE AIRPORT ONLY??? I would appreciate any advice.

[snip]

I passed through Singapore in April last year. The only OM stuff
I saw in the airport shops was a single OM3Ti with a 35-80 F2.8 zoom
attached. It was offered as a kit at approx 3700 Singapore $. Cheaper
than at home - if I could manage to get it through customs without paying
duty and tax.
I let it stay in Singapore (sob!) but eventually managed to get a kit
containing a 3Ti with a 90mm macro in Copenhagen at not much more than
the Singapore airport price, but this was including the 25ales tax
charged here.
I suppose I was lucky enough to find a dealer who had had this little
gem sitting around for long enough to want to get rid of it at practically
no gain.

Anyway, I was not impressed by the prices charged in Singapore Airport
at the time, so I did not buy anything. YMMV.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"