[OM] ...16mm FE....

Subject: [OM] ...16mm FE....
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 22:35:23 -0700
From: "claire" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is it true that U have to compensate for exposure metering when using this
lens ?

Does its superwide angle cause the metering to go haywire ?

I get more poorly-exposed images with this than with any other lens. Yet some come out just fine. I don't think there is anything inherent in this lens that "causes metering to go haywire," though. My theory is that is simply easier to get too much sky in the frame, thus throwing off the averaging. I haven't tried to use spot metering to test this theory.

On the plus side, it does produce a marvelous range of tonal values in the sky when the subject is all shadows! :-) Seriously, I do get my best skies with this lens.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>