[OM] FS: Zuiko 18mm 3.5

Subject: [OM] FS: Zuiko 18mm 3.5
From: "R. Wastell" <rrww@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:41:50 -0800

 I haven't been posting much lately; I hardly have time to keep up with
reading messages much less replying. I was down at the local camera store
last week and while talking to the owner about Zuikos I mentioned the OLY
list. I offered to give him a hand with a lens he has had a long time.

 He has a Zuiko 18mm 3.5 that has been languishing for more than a year at
an
 asking price of $775.00 (US). The lens has a case and front and rear caps;
 it is missing the filter adapter/lens shade. The aperture and focus rings
 show minor wear marks. The focus and aperture operate smoothly. The front
 element does have some very fine scratches; they look like cleaning marks.
 have not used the lens nor seen photos from it (though the owner has
offered
 to let me try it out) so I can't say if the scratches have an effect on
 flare; although I doubt it, they are very fine and hard too see.

 The owner had not noticed the scratches until I saw them last week; so I
 expect he will be lowering the asking price somewhat. I told him I thought
 the price was too high.

 So if anyone is interested you can contact the shop at  helmar@xxxxxxx  or
 you can see their list of equipment at http://www.usedcameracompany.com/

 For what it's worth, I have done business with this shop for several years
 and have bought quite a few Zuikos and OM System accessories there. He has
 several other bits and pieces some of you may need.

 1.  Bounce Grip for those who have a QA310 flash.  $75.00 (Will not work
 with T20 or T32). He may also have a 310 remote sensor in the parts box, I
 can't remember for sure.

 2.  T10 ring flash with a T Power Control $250.00

 If I can find the time (and my scanner cooperates),  I may submit something
 for ADITL II. We should have fresh snow on the mountains by then.

 So long from the temperate rain forest.

 Bob Wastell