Re: [OM] ...16mm FE....

Subject: Re: [OM] ...16mm FE....
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:32:37 +0200
claire wrote:

> Dear Z & Z's,
> Is it true that U have to compensate for exposure metering when using this
> lens ?
>
> Does its superwide angle cause the metering to go haywire ?
>
> Rgds
> TMLee

Not as such, but it tends to include a lot of sky or even the sun itself,
so you have to be careful. I usually use either the spot meter or at least
try to ensure that the sun is not within the view when metering.

It is a lovely lens, which has turned out to be a lot more useful than I
ever expected. However one has to be careful, both of the exposure (use
common sense along with the exposure meter) and to avoid ones fingers in
the field of view.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"