[OM] Stolen OM-Equipment

Subject: [OM] Stolen OM-Equipment
From: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Volkhart Baumgaertner)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:05:35 GMT
Yo y'all,

the request I have in this message is probably only relevant for those of
you living in Britain.

On 25 August 99, which was last wednesday, my motorcycle tank bag was stolen
while I was paying at a gas station in Largs, Scotland. Besides my passport,
driver's license, motorcycle and car registrations, and a few other items,
it also contained some of my best OM-equipment:

A small brownish photo bag with an OM2N body, serial no. 834444, with a
Beattie Intenscreen with a diagonal split image focusing aid. Attached to
the camera body was an off-brand motor winder which on its front side bears
the inscription "Electronic Power Winder For Olympus", and on the back side
"model OM-1; Made in Hong Kong", and a Zuiko 3.5-4.5/35-70 mm lens. The bag
also contained a wire release, a Tokina 2x converter, a polarizing filter,
spare batteries, and a Cullmann DC 32 flash with attached SCA 321 adapter
for OM cameras.
Besides the photo bag, the tank bag contained a small Minette tripod with
telescoping legs in an imitation leather pouch, a Zuiko 4/75-150 in its
original hard leather container, and a Zuiko 2.8/28 mm in a Canon hard
leather container. The 35-70 and the 28 had Olympus rubber hoods with them,
and there were UV or skylight filters on all the lenses.

I am still trying to locate the receipts I must have somewhere for the
lenses, in the hope of finding the serial numbers there.

If any of you come across something that looks as if it could be part or all
of my stuff I would very much appreciate it if you would contact PC Gribben
at the Largs Police Station,  phone no. 01475-674651, and/or send me an
email.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart