Re: [OM] Winder in the long run?

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder in the long run?
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 00:01:53 +0000
I recall John Hermanson mentioned that there is more strain on the mechanism
when
the shutter is cocked, but that this was only something to worry about if one
were
to leave a camera without use for a long time - years I presume.

This would apply to the 2SP and the the 4Ti, even though they have electronics.

Their shutter mechanisms are still mechanical and require cocking with the film
advance lever.  I believe it is just the timing of the curtains (feathers)
which is
electronic.

I personally don't wind on the film until I am about to take a shot.

Giles