[OM] Winder in the long run?

Subject: [OM] Winder in the long run?
From: "Vem Då" <tox1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:16:37 GMT
Hi all.

Here are a couple of questions from Sweden.

I started using an OM-1 about 10 years ago. A few years later I bought a Winder-2 for it. The guys in the store told me if I wasn't planning on using the camera for a while, I didn't want to have the camera ready to take a shot, i.e. not taking the last picture with the winder. Instead I should use the ordinary camera button. This way, the shutter's mecanism and feathers wouldn't wear out. IS THIS TRUE? Does it wear down the mecanism faster to have the shutter ready for a longer while?

The years have gone by and I don't use the OM-1 anymore since I have a 4Ti and a 2SP. These are not mecanical cameras, as you all know, and I'd like to know how the shutter works. Are there feathers in them like in the OM-1 or is it a different system when there are batteries involved?
SHOULD I AVOID HAVING THE CAMERAS ADVANCED FOR A LONGER PERIOD?

I know the 4Ti is extra sealed for dust and moist. How is it with the OM2SP? Brought the 2SP out in the pooring rain and heavy wind for two hours yesterday, and both the camera and I were solking wet. Changed lenses a couple of times, but no rain came on in the house. After I came home the viewfinder became all misty, problably due to the change in temperature. But this also indicates that there was a certain little amount of water that came inside the finder. Today it works as good as always. Would the 4Ti behave in the same way as the 2SP? Any experiences there?

How does the winder-2 react to the same wet treatment? Any experiences?

Hope to get some answers...
Kind regards
Tobias Andersson
Sweden.