Re: [OM] Portrait Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Portrait Lens
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 22:53:36 -0400
My personal favorite is the much under-rated (and discontinued) 135mm f/2.8
for portraits.  It
affords a very comfortable working distance for those who just can not stand
a camera pointing at them, is small enough to not be threatening and is
quite good wide open, giving a nice seperation of sharp focus against a
blurred background (bokeh).

I also like the 85mm f/2.  Not much larger than a fast 50mm, very bright,
and good wide open performance, it makes a good "available darkness"  lens
for candids.  It also gives a very natural perspective.  The 135mm tends to
compress space a bit too much for some tastes.

Many like the 100mm, which I do not own.  It bridges the gap between 85 and
135 nicely.  I can't justify one, as much as I'd like to have one, ever
since my wife found out about the 90mm macro....... <g>

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".

Elmer Brum <elmerb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> asked: