RE: [OM] RE: (OT) E100VS (was (OT) High Mountain photos)

Subject: RE: [OM] RE: (OT) E100VS (was (OT) High Mountain photos)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:00:43 -0500
At 09:51 PM 8/26/1999 +0000, John you wrote:
>BTW, Kodak doesn't recommend E100VS or Elite Chrome 100 Extra Color (same
>film; consumer version) for photographing people.  I have gotten away with
>it, but you takes your chances on the skin tones.  I understand Velvia can
>have problems with skin tones also.  The better film for proper skin tones
>would be E100S or Elite Chrome 100.
>
>-- John

Hi John,

When you say you've gotten away with it, do you mean you find the results
acceptable, or do you do something "special"?  Also I wonder how
ethnocentric this prescription is, as my Asian friends and relatives look
wonderful (to me) on Velvia, or any of the other saturated films.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA