RE: [OM] Toronto Shops

Subject: RE: [OM] Toronto Shops
From: "Elmer Brum" <elmerb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 19:24:47 -0400
Hi,

I took the trek downtown today. I was amazed! I found a parking spot right
away.<g>
Anyway, I had a look in both Henry's and Alt Camera Exchange.  Since I'm
inexperienced about the prices, I can not really comment, but I would have
to say that I didn't appreciate the almost condescending attitude of the guy
who was showing me a OM 4T body in Alt's.  It looked in very good shape, but
it had a badly scratch focusing screen (which he was willing to replace).
The whole experience just felt slimy.   He wanted $1099.00 CND for is and
wasn't willing to come down much more.  I felt it was a little too much and
when I told him, he just brushed me off and moved on to someone else.  After
a few moments, I may have changed my mind, but I don't think I would
purchase any thing from there in the future (unless it is an unbeatable
bargain.  I'm not that proud <smile>).

Although Alt did have a larger inventory of used OM bodies, Henry's was far
friendlier and it seems they turn their inventory around far quicker.  I
gave the guy my number and he said he would call if anything came in.  Even
if I don't get my OM 4Ti from them, I will probably buy other items here.

I did ask about any available Oly macros, they had two.

1) 50MM f2.? (8 I think) $270.00 - looked very good, but there was some
squeaking from the focusing ring.
2) 80MM f?? (sorry can't remember) $600.00 This one looked Ex+ and I could
not find anything wrong with it.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I will get more info if I can.

Regards,

Elmer Brum
Toronto, Canada
[mailto:] elmerb@xxxxxxxxxxxx