Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 08:48:31 -0400 (EDT)

    LF is just a different way of working, and it works best at certain
things. The hardware definitely affects the realization of our vision.
There are always people who break out of the limitations of the
hardware, though. For LF, the work of Nicholas Nixon comes to mind.
Very spontaneous, uses the "snapshot esthetic", plays with unconventional
(for LF) fleeting gestures, etc. OTOH, Lewis Baltz used the Leica as if
it had been an 8x10, and his work really looks "LF-fy".
    Neither necessarily makes for a better photographer, and let's
remember that before MF took hold, a lot of what we think of as the
domain of 35mm (and motordrives) was casually done with handheld
4x5's.
                                      *= Doris Fang =*