[OM] Zuiko all stars

Subject: [OM] Zuiko all stars
From: "Bau Struye" <Bau.Struye@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:15:12 -0700
Thnak you George and Skip for your extremely informative top tens.

I am sure most people (including me) do not have as wide ranging an experience
as you do and it can therefore be quite intimidating.  But in order to try and
shore up the other end of the spectrum I will give my 2 cents for the MIVAO
list (Money Is Very Much An Object).  Unfortunatley I only have experience with
4 lenses that I think would be worth an all star position.  But if other people
add their 3 or 4 entries we might be able to compile a useful top ten in the
"lower class" also.  Average prices are taken from Skip Williams' excellent
Zuiko ebay history.

1.  24mm f2.8  I have used it for ten years and it is still my favorite lens.
 fast enough for most situation and short enough to give a lot of personality
to most images without distortion.  Avg used price:  $152

2.  135mm f2.8  Fast and yet very compact.  This telephoto is a little gem in
my opinion.  Coupled with the zuiko 2x it turns into a very handy 270mm combo
that is amazingly light and compact.  Avg used price:  $117

3.  50mm 1.8 MC metal.  There's been a lot of comments about this lens recently
on the list.  Compares favorably with Leitz' equivalent.  Avg used price:  $34

4.  2x converter.  Used with its recomended lenses (100mm/F2.8, 135mm/F2.8,
135mm/F3.5, 200mm/F4, 200mm/F5 and 100-200mm/F5 zoom)  it is a hard to beat
combo of price/performance/size/weight.  Avg price:  $150?

Bau.