[OM] famous pics and cameras

Subject: [OM] famous pics and cameras
From: "Arnab Kumar Banerjee" <arnabkb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 16:59:46 PDT
Hi list,
I just finished browsing thru a book "Great news photos and the stories behind them". Quite interesting. contained quite a few pultizer prize winning news photographs. Some of the stories behind the photographs mentioned the camera details. No Oly :-( Set me wondering if any of you know about any famous pics taken with Oly? e.g i discovered that the photographs taken on the moon by neil armstrong were clicked with a specially designed hasselblad 70mm. edmund hillary's photographs at the top of mount everest were clicked with a contax. In some memorable photographs, the camera is unimportant. e.g IMO, the picture of raising the flag at iwo jima would have been equally memorable irrespective of the camera used. I would be more interested in learning about the pics which were clicked by a certain brand where that particular brand was chosen due to it's durability, sturdiness, reliability etc. (e.g the confidence that a contax would still work at the summit of everest after days of enduring sub zero temperatures). We had a discussion about the NG photo clicked using the Oly 2S(?). Inspires confidence that the Oly 2S would work even strapped to an aircraft tail in sub zero temp.
any other stories???
-Arnab.
ON, Canada.