[OM] Re: Eclipse

Subject: [OM] Re: Eclipse
From: Marko Vrabec <marko.vrabec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:19:43 +0200
OK, after all those gloomy reports from the rest of the eclipse
photographing gang, here's my story: I've taken my family to Lake
Balaton in Hungary (6h by car from here), the weather was beautiful, the
clouds moved politely out of the way for eclipse to take place, the
eclipse was fantastic and kids loved it all - the swimming and the
eclipse.

OM content: thanks to the eclipse even my wife understood the vital
neccessity of purchasing a Manfrotto/Bogen telelens support. On
location, I put up OM4t with Tamron 180/2.5 and Olympus 1.4xA, protected
with mylar. I wanted to enjoy the eclipse, so I opted for a simple
photographic scenario: one multiple exposure with 4 phases of the
partial eclipse (5 minutes apart) plus the total stage. That fitted just
right in the frame of my 250mm combination.

I was asked several times in very polite Hungarian if I would allow a
peek at the eclipse through my camera, and a scavenging pro took three
or four shots of me staring into the viewfinder (my face muscles still
hurt from keeping my grin long enough). So I guess I have done my part
in spreading the popularity of Olympus in Hungary :-)

br,

Marko Vrabec
Kamnik, Slovenia