Re: [OM] Telecoverter/Flash Qusetion

Subject: Re: [OM] Telecoverter/Flash Qusetion
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:48:02 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/99 9:14:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Alex.Hughes@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I have just purcharsed my first "serious" OM!! ...an absolutely gorgeous OM4
>  that looks like it's never been used (with box, manuals and even the
> original
>  brochure from 1984 or whenever!)...yes,Yes,YES!!!! (the guy traded it in
> get
>  a C*n*n Ixus!!!!). It also had with it a 35-105 f3.5 Zuiko zoom (which I
> bought
>  as I've been looking for something in this range, and they threw it in for
>  bargain price...and it had the original Olympus lens bag!).

Congratulations! Sounds like a great find!

>  There were two other pieces of kit that he's holding for me, but I thought
I'
>  ask a few questions about...
>
>  1) Olympus T32 Flashgun (asking £59) ...after recenly purchasing the
Vivitar
>  3500 do I need another flashgun?

I'm not familiar with the 3500. I have a T32 and like it a lot. I mostly use
it on the Bounce Grip 2 though. It always seemed too big to sit on the hot
shoe. That sounds like a good price (about $95 by my calculation). I would
get it and start looking for a decent BG2

>  2) Olympus T/C 2xA teleconverter (£?) ...I already have a Vivitar 2x
>  Teleconverter which is a lot smaller, and this one's only compatable with
>  certain lenses(?) How much should I look to pay for this thing?

The 2x-A will undoubtedly give you better results than the Vivitar. It is
somewhat restrictive in which lenses you can use it on. There are always
trade-offs. I bought mine specifically to use on my 200/4, and have been very
happy with it. I paid $150 (about £93, I think) for one with perfect glass
and some minor cosmetic flaws.

I hope this helps,

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island USA