Re: [OM] Lens deterioration

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens deterioration
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 00:23:39 +0000
I have a 50mm lens which had some play in that when you reversed the direction
you
were turning the focus ring it seemed to slip slightly - turning a bit without
resistance - then catch again.

I managed to cure this by carefully removing the focus ring rubber and
tightening
three small grub screws which lie beneath it.  The problem was solved.  I
re-glued
the rubber ring with a little contact cement.

I doubt such a problem will effect the optical performance one whit as it is
entirely a mechanical glitch.

Giles