Re: [OM] Re: Magnets, was: Something of interest to UK list members...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Magnets, was: Something of interest to UK list members...
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 21:58:42 +0100
Volkhart Baumgaertner wrote:
>...After I got the tank
>bag it occurred to me that this would be the ideal place to put my OM
>equipment while riding.... The tank bag is held on the
>tank by 10 strong magnets...

Apart from the magnets I'd worry about the affects of vibration from the
tank. When I was a motorcyclist I would only carry a camera strapped to my
person after finding that vibration had caused a tyre pressure gauge in my
toolkit to completely unscrew itself into three components (except that I
occasionally used to carry a Linhof or MPP 5x4 bungee corded onto the back
of the dual seat). If it was raining the camera (not the 5x4!) went under my
riding jacket, but I must admit that in my motorcycling days I mostly had
rangefinder cameras with collapsible lenses or a Pen F.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx