Re: [OM] couple of OM-4 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] couple of OM-4 questions
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 14:34:06 +0200
Mike Harrington wrote:

: How does the Om4 handle DOF pre-view?

The same way every other OM camera handles it: by means of the DOF preview
button that's present on all automatic lenses. Press it slowly to get an
impression of DOF.

: Also, when in auto mode, is there an Exposure-lock?
: Would this E-L be available in Spot and CW, or just spot, or am I missing
: the point about how the meter/exposure system works?

Exposure in Auto mode can be locked in three different ways:
- take a single or multiple spot reading; the indicated value will be used for
the next shot
- press the memo button after taking a single or multiple spot reading; the
indicated value will be used for the next shots untill the memory function is
canceled
- press the memo button when there is no (multi)spot reading active; the
exposure value from the next shot, as read off the film/off the shutter curtain
will be used for the next shots untill the memory function is canceled.

These three methods remain valid when the aperture is changed after the exposure
is locked - the shutter speed will automatically be adjusted since the only
thing that's stored is the light value (LV) and not the shutter speed.

The exposure compensation dial can be used in a similar way. But the highlight
and shadow buttons can only be used when a spot reading is active.

:Please help me out with this, I'd like to make an informed decision about my
:purchase.

I'm sure you will be quite pleased with you OM-4Ti...

Hans van Veluwen
The Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Information File
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif.htm