Re: [OM] 2X-A converter compatibility [was: Anyone else going to Rostock

Subject: Re: [OM] 2X-A converter compatibility [was: Anyone else going to Rostock in August to see Hanse Sail?]
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 00:47:55 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: Ulf Westerberg <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 1999 8:40 PM

> Per,
> sorry to burst the bubble but the 2X won't physically fit 65-200/4. If you
> don't believe me, stop by my place south of Malmo on your way to Rostock to
> see for yourself. :-) Though I think it works fairly well with the 300/4.5
> so maybe you can save some weight. Only you can tell if results are up to
> your standards, though.
>
> Happy shooting
> Ulf Westerberg
> Nature- and Travel Photography at www.start.at/westerberg

Hej Ulf

Why would it not fit? Is it because the rear element of the 65-200/4 is
protruding?
I've always thought it was the 1.4X converter with it's protruding front
element that
(physically) had the least compatibility of the two Oly converters, and that
the 2X-A
would fit most Zuiko tele lenses (at least physically). Some rethinking on my
side is
obviously needed here. Thanks for the info.

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden

P.S. I should of course have mentioned in my earlier post that Rostock is in
northern
Germany.       :-(

"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to look into ones' soul."