Re: [OM] Lens Choices for Travel

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Choices for Travel
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 10:51:04 +0100
Ross Waite wrote:

>Many of the British landscapes I have seen
>in the mags have been shot on Velvia. I don't particularly like this film
>for Australian conditions - a bit over the top, but maybe I could be
>convinced to take some.

I too find Velvia a bit OTT; you wouldn't believe some of the stuff that
gets published in UK magazines, looking like TV with the colour turned up
to maximum!  However, it *is* a useful film for those dull, cloudy days in
the UK when it can liven things up a bit and the high contrast isn't a
problem.  My usual slide films for the UK are Provia and Sensia.  These
used to be the same thing (approx), though Sensia II is rumoured to be
Astia.  Both give rather more natural results than Velvia IMHO.

Somebody wondered whether the OM2000 is available in Europe - it certainly
is in the UK though you may have to hunt for it.  Plenty of s/h OM-1s though.

Have a great trip!

Richard

Richard Ross
Hemel Hempstead, England