Re: [OM] Photographic paper for Printer OT

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographic paper for Printer OT
From: Shari Rose <srose@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 23:16:47 -0500
Hi John,

      I've been using Kodak photopaper for quite a while now with my HP 890
printer with the driver set to the premium paper setting and love it!  I have
also [from recommendations from others] tried Canon's photo paper among others.
Each time I have returned to the Kodak paper for the print quality and the paper
is a bit sturdier/thicker than the Canon's, too.  Unless they have changed that
since I used it last.

      The HP model is built with the Kodak Image Enhancement feature.  Different
types of paper can "hand out" different results from different printer models.
Just because one paper works good in one printer doesn't mean it'll work good in
another [and visa versa].  The Canon paper might be the best for you.  You can
always revert back to Kodak paper if it turns out you don't like it.

      My two cents worth, anyway.  :)

John Gettis wrote:

> I am looking for suggestions for what brand of photographic weight paper to
> use in my Canon 4300 printer.  I have been using Kodak paper but what I have
> been reading lately has lead me to believe that I can get better quality
> with another paper.  Thanks John Gettis

    Shari